Reid Lester, DMD
Board Certified, American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Lester grew up in Jackson, attended Jackson Academy for high school, and then attended Mississippi State University where he received a degree in Business Administration and a minor in Biology. After working five years as a financial planner in Jackson, he was accepted into and completed dental school at the University of Mississippi School of Dentistry in 2009. Dr. Lester received numerous awards, and was very involved in promoting dentistry both in and out of school.
Upon graduating from dental school, Dr. Lester was accepted into LSU Dental School’s Department of Periodontics for a three-year residency. During this residency, he has received clinical training in Periodontal surgery as well as advanced concepts in the surgical placement of implants. While at LSU, Dr. Lester was elected as “Chief Resident” in the Periodontics department for 2 years, and was elected the Advanced Education Representative among the chief residents from all residency programs. He also has organized a series of Business Management lectures for the Residency Programs to teach them about how to start and run a practice, and has lectured on and provided clinical training in the field of periodontics and implants at both the University Medical Center in Jackson, and the LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans. Dr. Lester currently teaches part-time at UMC in the clinical area of Periodontics and Implants.
In the spring of 2013, Dr. Lester successfully completed his requirements for Board Certification by the American Board of Periodontology. Very few Periodontists in the state of Mississippi have completed the requirements necessary to be a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology.
Dr. Lester currently lives in Jackson. He is married to his wife, Lauren, and has four children, Drake, Landry, Carson, and Wilson.
Featured in Mississippi Christian Living:
Featured in Mississippi Magazine:
Awards & Honors:
- Mississippi Dental Association Award
- American Academy of Osseointegration Dental Implant Award
- Quintessence Publishing Company Award for Clinical Achievement in Periodontics
- Delta Dental Student Leadership Award
- Student Research Group Award of Excellence
- Accepted into the Honors in Research Program
- Mississippi Dental Association Board of Trustees
- UMC Dental School Admissions Committee
- Dental School Ethics Committee Chairman
- Elected “Chief Resident” in Department of Periodontics
- Elected Advanced Education Representative as resident
- American Dental Association
- MS Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology